Wednesday 12 June 2013

Two words


Two words.

Two horrible words.

Sleep Regression.

Not familiar?  Check out this article... https://www.babysleepsite.com/how-we-sleep/4-month-old-sleep-regression/

This week has been a challenge.  I'm exhausted.  Sometimes waking up 10+ times a night to give Beckham his pacifier, or worse, try to get him to fall back asleep, obviously doesn't make one feel rested come morning!


A couple weeks back I wrote about his 3 month growth spurt that had me catching fewer z's.  Well this is much worse than that!  He will be 4 months, next week, and a lady at my new moms group mentioned that this is quite possibly what he's going through right now.  As much as I hope it isn't, it seems like it is.  And being a single(ish) mom, and not having my husband home to help, officially sucks! 


Praying he figures his sleep patterns out soon!  ...but if you read the article it states 'Some parents will be one of the lucky few whose baby will go back to sleeping well in 2-4 weeks, however, not all of us will be that lucky. For example, I find that babies who need a pacifier to sleep where you are replacing it many times per night do not stop needing that pacifier to sleep.'  With that said, I think I'm hooped. 


Well it was sure nice to have a baby that slept for 12 hours in his crib for a few weeks anyways. 


I'm tired. 


xo

A

No comments:

Post a Comment