Saturday 1 June 2013

Growth spurt?

Google says when a baby is going through a growth spurt that they wake frequently through the night, it also mentions at 3 months they go through a growth spurt.  Well let me tell you...google seems to be right!  This past week has been challenging, in the sense that I haven't got a lot of sleep consecutively.  Although Beckham was still in his crib from 8:00 - 8:30pm until 8:00 - 8:30am, he was waking up every half an hour - 2 hours, not to eat, but because he needed his pacifier.  You will almost always see him with his paci in his mouth, he is a paci boy.  However, he typically falls asleep with it and sometime throughout the night he'll spit it out, and he's okay with that.  This past week if the pacifier fell out, he fussed until you went and put it back in, he constantly had to suck, and he was  wanting to eat twice in the 12 hour stretch, rather then his typical one time.  Luckily, last night he was back to not requiring his paci when it fell out and was only up at 5:00am to eat.  I hope he's gone back to his normal routine and that last week doesn't become our new normal.  I didn't go to the gym once this past week, a combination of appointments, my new moms group, and exhaustion prevented me from going.  I suck.  You can bet I'll be there with bells on everyday except for Wednesday, as my new moms group conflicts with my strollercise/rock bottoms class.
Speaking of my new moms group, last Wednesday was our first class and I absolutely love it!  We have an amazing group of moms and I can't wait to get to know them better and have some mommy friends!!  It is put on through our health centre and I can't say enough good things about it!

xo
A

No comments:

Post a Comment