Sunday 23 June 2013

Self control...what's that?

I have totally fallen off track!

I have not been to the gym in, well ages.

I have thee biggest, and I mean thee biggest sweet tooth.  Not only that, but I have zero self control when it comes to food.  I never have and quite honestly, I don't think I ever will.  But enough is enough.  We leave for Maui in 3 months and I want to be in shape.  Thin and toned.

Tonight I wrote little blurbs on post it notes such as 'Sunday is just around the corner...'  'Hungry...? Have a tall glass of water' ...you get my drift.  I put these post it notes all around my house and hope that I can stay on track by doing this.  I am going to try to cut out any added sugars, dairy, and breads.    Dairy will be easy because the only dairy I have is cream in my coffee.  Sugars and breads are my favorite things so that will be tough BUT on Sundays I will allow myself to have a cheat day.  I wish I didn't need to allow myself to do this but quite honestly my diet consists of sugar and carbs and now I'll be limiting those two things 6 days a week, so in order to stay focused I need to have a cheat day.

Tomorrow I will be faced with my first challenge/temptation.  My brother in law is in town visiting from Vancouver and we're going out for dinner with him.  If I weren't eating clean I'm the girl that's ordering chili chicken on rice or poutine or something ridiculously unhealthy but tomorrow I guess I'll be ordering chicken with no butter/oil and a double side of veg with no butter/oil.

Wish me luck!  Because I will need it.

It seems kind of crazy to me that I'm going to torture myself to get in shape only to get pregnant again.  Oh well, it's what I want.

xo
A

1 comment:

  1. haha I was just thinking that yesterday while I ate chicken and vegetables for lunch and dinner! im working my butt off... only to get enormous again? UGH! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete