Saturday 1 June 2013

And then there were three! (Only 3 months late!)

Your first breath, took ours away...

After 16 long hours of labour, we welcomed our son, Beckham, on Thursday, February 21 at 4:23am, weighing 6lbs 10oz.  Tears of pure love and joy ran down our faces as we met this perfect little guy for the first time, there are no words to describe how amazing it was.

Now whoever said childbirth is a beautiful thing, surely didn't go through what I just had.  The only beautiful thing about it was this baby that was now laying on my chest.  I seriously felt like a pig that had just been slaughtered!  I won't go into too many details, but it just wasn't 'pretty'!

We were discharged on Friday around 8:00 pm, it wasn't until then, that I thought the whole labour/ birth was such an amazing experience.  I remember getting teary eyed as we bid farewell to the nurses, that just brought my baby boy into this world, not to mention who cared for me.  I don't think they get enough credit for what they do, what a rewarding job they have.  I can still remember how the room was so perfectly lit, the anticipation and the love that I felt, oh the love that filled that room.  I can see the crowd of  doctors and nurses that were called to be on stand by and watched my baby be born into this world.  The whole atmosphere was one to remember, everything was just so perfect.  I wonder why doctors, other then my delivery doctor, were called to be there for the birth.  Maybe it was because my amniotic fluid level had been so low, for so long?  Or maybe they saw something they thought was a concern?  Who knows.  His apgar score was a 9, so there was no need to have any other doctor then the one delivering him, but I'm glad they had the others just in case.

The hours, days, and weeks following his birth were spent recovering and snuggling this perfect baby, that I call my son.  I was totally out of commission for weeks after his birth, I had a brutal recovery.  I couldn't walk, let alone get in and out of the vehicle, I know they say women's bodies are designed to give birth but I still don't think anything of that size should come out of 'there' comfortably.  Which explains the long road to recovery.  Luckily he is totally worth all the pain I went through!  I couldn't love something more.

First we had each other, then we had you, and now we have everything.

xo
a







No comments:

Post a Comment