Monday 10 June 2013

Single(ish) mom!

I'm a wife to a husband that works out of town.  In the winter months we can expect him to be out of town for 4 nights a week.  During spring break up we usually can expect him to be home most nights.

This has not been the case.

He has been out of town for the past three work weeks.  And not this past weekend but the one before he was at a ball tournament that was out of town so he really hasn't been home in 12 days until this weekend.  Yesterday he told me that he'll be out of town next week too.

Beckham and I have got into such a groove of not having him around, that it really isn't THAT bad.  Sure we'd love for him to be home every night, but sometimes you just have to sacrifice.  We've chosen to live the lifestyle we're living and an in town HSE Supervisor job would probably not pay our bills.  This is a means to an end because one day we hope to be working for ourselves and have him home every night.  One. day...soon.  It makes me sad, and I'm sure my husband sad to not get to really see our son grow up and to miss his milestones.  But like I said, this is a means to an end...

This past weekend we partook in our fourth annual 5km walk for ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig's disease.  My father in law passed away from this horrific disease in 2009 at the age of 59.  Gone way too soon.  This is something near and dear to our hearts.  We will continue to partake in this walk in the years to come as a tribute to my father in law and my sons grand dad, that he sadly never got to meet.

On Sunday I took full advantage of having Brendon home, and decided to jump in my car and head to the grocery store...without the baby!  I honestly didn't know what I was going for other then to get out of the house, alone.  I was gone for all of 15 mins. And came back with strawberries, bananas, raspberry's and this chocolate that you microwave and dip fruit in and it hardens on the fruit, nutritious, I know...  It was SO nice to even just get out and have a break for 15 mins.  Not to mention to not listen to a baby cry in the vehicle.  Ahhh it was nice.  I contemplated going for a drive alone but went back to make dinner.  I appreciated and enjoyed every minute.

This ended up being a very random post!  I am anything but a writer and this blog is a seriously terrible read.  But I am only doing it for myself.

xo
A

1 comment: