Thursday 4 July 2013

July long weekend!

We had a busy, but great long weekend.  Here's what we were up too...

My Nanny had surgery on Friday.  I was a wreck, as the hospital called and said that she was not waking up from the anesthesia, nor was she breathing on her own.  She was put on a ventilator and finally woke up 4 hours post op.  It was a long 4 hours as I paced the house hoping/praying that she would awake.  I guess they think she lacks the enzyme that makes you wake up after receiving general anesthesia.  So on Friday night we went to the hospital and visited her.  Beckham really is the light of her life and she was SO very happy to see 'her little boy'.

Brendon and my Dad had a tee time at 7am on Saturday, my mom went to the hospital to grab my Nanny, as she was discharged from the hospital, and Beckham and I went to St. Albert. It was such a beautiful day out so I decided to take my parents dog, Maggie, for a walk as I waited for my Mom and Nanny to get back to her place.  Later that afternoon my Mom, Beckham, and I went to the St. Albert Farmer's Market, something we do most Saurdays.  We had a great time and enjoyed the hot weather!  We then walked back to my Nanny's house and visited with her.  Once the guys were finished golf and watching football, they joined us.  Brendon and I went home, walked the dog, made dinner and got the baby ready for bed.

On Sunday, morning I cleaned the house while Brendon entertained Beckham.  That afternoon we drove up to Westlock for a family reunion on Brendon's side of the family.  We enjoyed visiting with family we hadn't seen in a while and enjoyed yet another hot day! :):)

On Monday, we celebrated Canada day with my brother and sister in law and my niece at the zoo!  We enjoyed yet another hot day outdoors!  We are so proud to be Canadian and to call this amazing Country home!

All in all it was a great weekend spent with our family and enjoying the heat wave that came through our city!

xo
A

No comments:

Post a Comment