Thursday 18 July 2013

A little bit of everything

Immediately after posting my last blog post, I happened to turn on the tv (which rarely happens, I have never been a tv watcher and 99.9% of the time I don't turn the tv on at all throughout the day!). Anyways, what do you think comes on, on the news at noon?  Non other than babies head shape and how 46% of babies have flat spots on their noggins.  I immediately picked up the phone and called over to the health centre to have them send in a referral to the head shape clinic here in Edmonton.  I could not wait for our pediatrician to assess his head at the end of August.  They sent a referral over, and checked off 'urgent' and you won't believe it...I still haven't got a call from them.  But good news!  His head seems to actually really be improving!  We spend most of our days out of the house, whether that be walking the dog, grocery shopping, just plain old shopping, running errands, visiting friends and family, going to the gym, attending our 'Mommy Connections' class...you get the idea we're out a lot.  I picked up a 'BENBAT - TRAVEL FRIENDS TOTAL SUPPORT HEADREST' from West Coast Kids and have been using it every time he is in his car seat.  It makes it so not the entire back of his head rests against the back of the car seat.  Now I know you shouldn't add anything to your child's carseat such as these but hey!  Anything, well I guess not anything, but this seems safe enough (to me) to use in his carseat especially if its helping round out the little gaffer's head!  I'm happy!! 

Beckham is almost 5 months now and I already miss the newborn stage of cuddling, the sound of a newborns cry, the sleep, I miss it all!  He's growing up way to fast and this boy likes to be busy!  If he's awake he needs to constantly be entertained, which I love but he also has a very short attention span.  So everything and anything is only good for 2 minutes.  Sure he likes his jolly jumper, his exersaucer, having books read to him, his bumbo, his play mat, sitting on your lap and interacting with you...he certainly loves all of those things but for 2 - 5 minutes.  And then he's done and bored and onto the next thing.  I wish he could enjoy something long enough for me to put on a face and get dressed, tidy up, make dinner, you know anything that takes longer than 2 minutes!  We thought we wanted to start trying to get pregnant again in the next couple months but now I wonder how the heck I could possibly manage two?  Especially since my husband works out of town generally Monday - Friday.  I hope it doesn't sound like I'm complaining, because I truly LOVE being a mama, every single bit of it!  I should add two things he does LOVE for an unlimited amount of time are going for a walk in his stroller (using the stroller seat, not the carseat!) and his nightly bath.  He has never cried or fussed EVER during either of those activities!  I ensure to do both daily because I love doing things with him that he loves! 

Most mothers that I've spoke to say their babes love the car and fall asleep within a few blocks from their house.  Well, I can only wish Beckham did.  There's nothing more heart wrenching then listening to your baby cry as you drive and you not being able to do anything about it.  This is us, most days.  I think it must be due to the fact that he needs to be doing something different every 2 minutes, and in the car he only as one toy bar, that has to entertain him the entire ride.  I really want to take a trip down to Calgary to visit friends but I would hate to put him, or I, through that.  Maybe since I would keep a consistent speed and not stop, he'd do better?  Because I can tell you that red lights, definitely make matters worse!

In the next couple days I will be blogging about what Beckham's been up to in his 4 month of life! 

I love this babe more than words can say.  He is perfect!

xo
A


2 comments:

  1. Ashley,
    Ivy Mae HATED the carseat! It was awful so I completely sympathize with you. She would scream from the second the buckle snapped until we got her out. It didnt matter if it was a 2 min car ride or a 45 min car ride. I think she was/is claustrophobic . She hates confined spaces. Thankfully she better in her toddler seat! Hopefully Beckham grows out of his hatred of his seat before Ivy did.... Youre a great mama! Just keep trucking along. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jamie :):)
      Well I'm glad there's someone out there that can sympathize. Would Ivy Mae ever cry herself to sleep? Beckham, just seems to cry and cry and never cries himself to sleep. I want to take a trip down to Calgary but I feel way to bad to do that to him. Did you ever go on a 3+ hour drive with her? If so, how did it go? The one day that Brendon had him he said that he cried so hard he couldn't breathe and then when he got home to take him out of the carseat he had little red dots all over his head/face. My Nanny said that's from a lack of oxygen? But I've never googled it if that's actually what they were from. But they went away within 5 minutes of him being home, and not crying.

      Delete